Tuesday 23 May 2017

Happy Reflections

Us with Elvis, our tour guide for the entire trip
Well, the study abroad is over. We arrived home on Friday. More than anything else, I feel gratitude for the experience McKenzie and I had in Ghana. I was thrilled to be in a new land and see its unique vegetation, climate, habitats, and way of life. I enjoyed the many different adventures and activities we participated in. I am happy with what we were able to do for the nonprofit organization, Ghana Make A Difference, that we worked with. I loved seeing and visiting the beautiful Accra Ghana Temple. I cherish the relationships built with fellow students who also came on this trip and the memories we will share. Finally, I appreciated seeing and coming to better understand the different perspectives of the people in Ghana. They value respect and relationships. They are less concerned with material things and more concerned about the people around them. Their culture is unique and fun. I love sharing laughter with them.

The Accra Ghana Temple
Of the many things we did in Ghana, my favorite was helping Ghana Make A Difference. This reinforces my belief in serving others. I felt more joy and satisfaction from serving at that shelter than from doing anything else. I know and testify that turning outward and serving others brings true and lasting happiness into our lives. I love the words of King Benjamin who said, "When ye are in the service  of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17). I know that God lives and loves to see us serving one another. May we always do so!

A beautiful sunrise on the beach at Cape Coast







Thank you for following my blog and supporting McKenzie and I in this adventure. We loved it so much! Africa is a wonderful place. I hope all of you may have the opportunity to go there one day and experience its wonder for yourself. All my love and best wishes to you!

--Blake Rowley


We were pretty excited to buy stroopwafels
at the airport in Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment